WDHA Table Tennis Club Rules, Regulations and Standards
Table Tennis is a sport where movement is involved. Appropriate clothing should be worn e.g.
- WDHA Table Tennis Club’s T-Shirts or any suitable dark coloured T-Shirt for clear vision on the ball.
- Trainers – Only NON Marking trainers will be allowed.
- Jogging Bottoms or Shorts (No Jeans as it affects the movement which could also affect improvement and progress).
- Use of mobile phones/music players/game consoles is strictly prohibited during the sessions as these would cause distraction and can affect progression of the player and other members of the club as well.
- No food or drink is permitted within the hall and must not be consumed near the Table Tennis Tables without prior permission from the club’s management.
- No chewing gum is permitted during the sessions.
- It is highly recommended that the players bring their own Bat and Ball. The club reserves the right to charge players for hire of Bat/Ball during sessions at club’s discretion.
- Equipment (tables, nets, bats and balls) provided by the club should be used with respect and in an appropriate manner and with due care.
- If a player is found to intentionally mistreat or misuse the equipment, he/she may be asked to pay for the damage caused.
- Players are advised to purchase and use your own bat and ball. Please bring these along.
- The club will not be held responsible for loss or damage to any personal equipment.
TRIPS AND TOURNAMENT
- Parents and guardians will be notified and asked to sign a consent form giving permission for their child/children to attend any trips or tournaments.
- All event forms must be returned by all participants, even if they are not able to attend so that the club is aware of the members joining and make necessary arrangements (transport).
- WDHA Table Tennis Club reserves the rights to cancel sessions due to festivals or other hall bookings, if sessions are cancelled by the club. The club will endeavour to replace by another session. We will attempt to let you know the previous week or contact you by telephone if this occurs.
GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AND FAIR PLAY
- Adolescent behaviour will not be tolerated at any time.
- Racism or bullying will not be accepted and will result in instant dismissal from the session and if it continues, then it will lead to a permanent exclusion from the club. Always challenge or report bullying.
CODE OF CONDUCT
WDHA TTC’s code of conduct was written in collaboration with our young players:
- Be a good role model and set a positive example for others.
- Respect your coach and the decisions of all referees and officials.
- Always strive for your best possible performance.
- Play fairly and by the rules of the game.
- Be gracious whether you win or lose.
- Never use bad language, behaviour or body language.
- Encourage and support all of your teammates.
- Always challenge or report bullying.
- Turn up on time for training and be available for trips and competitions.
- Look after your equipment and bring the right kit.
- Control your temper – use your energy for playing great table tennis.
- Make your club a fun, positive place to be.